Admission Requirements for International Students
University of Cincinnati's International Admissions staff assist undergraduate students through the process of applying and coming to Cincinnati. We also provide assistance to high school counselors, international agents, and community members who support students from around the world.
First-year applicants (sometimes referred to as freshman) are students who have completed high school and have not earned college course credit since graduating.
Transfer applicants are students who have earned college course credit after graduating high school/secondary school. You are welcome to transfer to UC at any point in time to continue your degree with us.
International Pathway Program
The International Pathway Program is for students who need to strengthen English proficiency during the first year by taking both, English as a Second Language courses and degree program courses.
Conditional Admission is for students who meet academic coursework requirements to be admitted, but need to improve English language proficiency prior to beginning a degree program.
Other Student Types
- If you want to pursue a master's degree or higher, UC's Graduate School will help you through the application process.
- Get more information about Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) students at Cincinnati.
- Located just outside of the city of Cincinnati, UC's Blue Ash and Clermont campuses are a nice alternative to UC main campus.
- Learn more about the advantages of IB, AP, A-levels, GAC, and other Advanced Credit.
- Find short-term or non-degree programs like exchange student semesters.
Sending Documents and Test Scores
Our Mailing Address:
University of Cincinnati
2618 McMicken Circle
University Pavilion, Suite 430
PO Box 210123
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0123
Official test scores must be sent to UC directly from the testing agency. You may select UC as a recipient of your scores by using the codes below when you register for an exam, or you may send scores directly from the testing agency's website.