It is important to manage your time and stay organized when completing your college applications. The information provided will help you keep track of everything you need to do to apply to the University of Cincinnati. If you have questions about your specific application or process, please view our Frequently Asked Questions page.
The University of Cincinnati is comprised of three campuses that offer different programs and opportunities. When applying through the Common Application, please be certain to select the correct campus where you plan to attend. Do not complete applications for multiple campuses.
- Uptown (Main) Campus
- UC Blue Ash College (Regional) Campus
- UC Clermont College (Regional) Campus
To be considered for Early Action, all application materials listed below need to be received by the university prior to or on December 1.
- The Common Application
- $50 non-refundable application fee (or fee waiver)
- Official ACT or SAT test scores (sent directly from the testing agency)
- Official high school transcripts (requested by the student)
- Letter of recommendation
December 1 - Early Action Deadline*
March 1 - Rolling Application Deadline
May 1 - Confirmation Deadline
November 1 - Application Deadline
December 1 - Confirmation Deadline
March 1 - Application Deadline
April 1 - Confirmation Deadline
Early Action Deadline
The Early Action Deadline is a non-binding plan that gives applicants priority consideration to our more competitive programs. Additionally, students need to apply by the Early Action deadline to be considered for The University Honors Program and merit-based scholarships. There is not a separate application for either of these.
Electronic materials must be uploaded and any associated fees submitted by 11:59pm on December 1. Mailed materials must be postmarked on or before December 1. As long as all materials, whether electronic or mailed meet these time constraints and complete the student’s application packet, the application will be considered on time.
Any applications that are incomplete or are submitted December 2 or later will be evaluated for admission to eligble programs but will not be considered for competitive academic programs that have closed, scholarships, or the university honors program.
The following programs often receive more applicants than they have room to consider. Historically, these programs close on or shortly after the December 1 deadline. It is recommended that students applying to the following colleges apply via Early Action (applications received after December 1 for these programs will be considered on a space-available basis):
- College-Conservatory of Music - Musical Theatre applicants are encouraged to complete their application by November 1
- College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning
- College of Engineering & Applied Sciences
- College of Medicine
- College of Nursing
- Lindner College of Business
*Applicants to Musical Theatre are strongly encouraged to complete their admission file by November 1.
The Rolling Deadline means that we accept applications on a space-available basis.
Application Review Process
Admission to the University of Cincinnati is selective. First-year applications receive a comprehensive review in which both academic and non-academic factors are considered in determining admissibility to our academic programs.
Admission Decision Timeline
Regardless of major, Cincinnati reviews all applicants who have met the December 1 Early Action deadline prior to releasing admissions decisions. Early Action applicants can expect to learn their admission decision on Friday, January 17, 2020 at 5:00PM EST.
Note the following exceptions:
- Due to the holistic review process, applicants for the Nursing program will receive decisions by the end of January.
- Applicants for the College-Conservatory of Music must audition and will learn of their admission decision in March.
- Students who apply directly to one of the regional campuses, Blue Ash or Clermont, will continue to receive admission decisions on a rolling basis.
For students who complete an application after December 1, admission decisions will be released on a weekly basis starting in early February.
Student Application Portal
Students can log into their status page to check that application materials are in and view their decision.