The cornerstone scholarship program for the University of Cincinnati, Cincinnatus provides more than $22 million in renewable scholarships to the brightest and most promising incoming first-year students in all academic disciplines.
To be considered for this award, incoming first-year students must submit a completed application* and required accompanying materials by December 1 of their senior year.
10 Presidential Scholarships of $94,000 are awarded annually to academically competitive students (est. $23,500 per year covers full tuition, fees, room, board, and a book allowance).
National Merit & National Hispanic Finalists may qualify for awards of $44,000 (est. $11,000 per year covers in-state tuition). Learn more about the steps to become a Distinction Scholar.
Century and University
Numerous Century and University Scholarships of $6,000 to $24,000 ($1,500 to $6,000 per year) are awarded annually to academically competitive students.
- Annual $3,000 Cincinnatus Out-of-State Scholarship is added to awards for students who are not eligible for Indiana Metro Rate or Reciprocity, Kentucky Metro Rate or Reciprocity, or the National Outreach Scholarship award.
- All Cincinnatus scholarships are renewed for the length of the undergraduate academic program provided the student maintains a 3.2 GPA and completes the annual 30-hour community service requirement.
- Qualifying students will be determined based on their overall admission application
- Consideration for award amounts will be based on the qualifying students for each academic program
- Notifications and associated details will begin in February and continue through final awards in mid-March
*A complete first-year application includes:
- The Common Application
- $50 non-refundable application fee (or fee waiver)
- Official High School Transcript
- Official ACT or SAT test scores (optional)**
- Letter of Recommendation (optional)
**A test score is still required for the following programs: