Military & Veteran Students
At the University of Cincinnati, we greatly value each and every service member - both past and present - for the sacrifices they have made for our country. We are committed to supporting military and veteran students as they navigate their educational journeys.
UC welcomes you to continue your studies at Cincinnati. Here's how to get started.
An important first step for military and veteran students wishing to enroll is to determine if they are a first-year or transfer applicant. The two types of students are defined below.
A first-year applicant is a student who is entering college directly from high school and/or has never attended a community college or university since graduating from high school.
A transfer applicant is a student who has earned a high school diploma or GED and has attended another college or university since earning their high school credentials and are now seeking admission to a UC degree program.
Please note that all Air Force veterans are considered transfer students because some of their training is completed through the Community College of the Air Force.
Military and veteran students are also welcome to continue their studies at our regional campuses: UC Blue Ash College and UC Clermont College.
Please refer to each college's respective admissions websites for additional information, and click the button below to apply to a regional campus.
Services & Resources
UC offers a number of different services and resources to help military and veteran students prior to enrollment as well as during their time on campus.
Veterans Programs & Services Office
- The Office of Veterans Programs & Services was founded to ensure that all individuals associated with the military that choose the University of Cincinnati would have a seamless transition from the Armed Forces to college.
- It is important for military and veteran students to initially connect with this office to understand the logistics of getting approval to use their military benefits. Please refer to this web page to learn the steps to receiving veteran education benefits at UC.
- Get more information and connect with Veterans Programs & Services.
- Space where military-affiliated students can meet, study, and socialize. Free coffee and a Nintendo Switch are also available in the lounge for students.
- Uptown's Veterans Lounge is located on the fourth floor of Tangeman University Center (TUC).
- UC Blue Ash Veterans Lounge is located at Muntz Hall 347.
- UC Clermont Veterans Lounge is located in room 006 of the Edith Peters Jones building.
If you have questions about the admissions process for military and veteran students, please book an advising appointment with an admissions counselor or contact Andrew Coggins (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The University of Cincinnati does not provide any commission, bonus, or other incentive payment based directly or indirectly on securing enrollments or federal financial aid (including Tuition Assistance funds) to any persons or entities engaged in any student recruiting, admission activities, or making decisions regarding the award of student financial aid.
The University of Cincinnati does not engage in high-pressure recruitment tactics such as making multiple unsolicited contacts, including contact by phone, email, or in-person, and engaging in same-day recruitment and registration for the purpose of securing Service member enrollments.