Congratulations on your admission to the University of Cincinnati! As you prepare for your first semester on campus, please follow these steps to ensure a successful start to your college career.
Step 1: Confirm your admission by May 1
- Confirming is an important step toward becoming a Bearcat. Completing your Confirmation Form enables you to apply for housing and register for Bearcat Bound Orientation.
- If you are applying to Cincinnati's main campus for either spring or summer semester, your confirmation deadline will vary. Please refer to our list of deadlines [original link path: https://admissions.uc.edu/apply/deadlines.html] to ensure you confirm your admission in time to begin classes.
Step 2: Visit iBearcatsGlobal for important documents
- Most of the forms you will need are available on iBearcatsGlobal [https://uc.edu/international/services/visa_immigration/ibearcatsglobal.html]. You will need to enter in your 6+2 account information to get to the homepage.
Step 3: Connect with your Bearcat Community
- Use #BearcatsBound to share news of your admission with your family, friends, and the other Bearcats that will be joining you on campus in just a few short months!
Step 4: Apply for housing
- The fall housing application will be available in March. The priority deadline is in early May. Students whose permanent residence is farther than 50 miles from Cincinnati's main campus are required to live on campus during their first year. If you are required to live on campus or if you choose to live on campus, you will need to apply for housing by visiting the Housing and Food Services website.
- Note: Students must confirm their admission prior to applying for Housing.
Step 5: Register for orientation
- Registration for Bearcats Bound Orientation will begin in April. Bearcats Bound is designed to assist you in making a successful academic and social transition into the University of Cincinnati community. During Orientation, you will also meet with an academic advisor and register for classes.
- Note: Students must confirm their admission prior to registering for Orientation.
Step 6: Submit your final high school transcript
- Admission offers are contingent upon successful completion of high school coursework. Students must submit an official, final high school transcript to verify graduation.
Creating Your Student Accounts [original link path: https://admissions.uc.edu/information/admitted/accounts.html]
As you prepare for your first semester on campus, you will be granted access to various accounts such as your Catalyst Student Portal and your University of Cincinnati email account. Find out when you can expect this to take place and where you can go for assistance with this important step if you need it.
Confirm Your Admission [original link path: https://admissions.uc.edu/confirm.html]
Confirm your admission by May 1 of your senior year to secure your place on campus! Our online guide will walk you through the process of submitting the confirmation form and fee (non-refundable). If you have additional questions, feel free to reach out to our Office of International Admissions at 513-556-XXXX.