Instead of just one Open House or event, we’re bringing a BUILD-YOUR-OWN-ADVENTURE event series right to you. From August through November 2020, level up to true Bearcats status by participating in a series of virtual events and experiences that put you in front of current UC students, faculty, and staff and get you ready for the college application process.
Each event in this series is intended to prepare you to successfully complete the college application process for the University of Cincinnati. We’re excited to introduce you to academic college representatives, current students, and staff across campus so you can find your place at UC. We’ll also provide you with important application tips, timeline information, and financial aid support. Attend as many or as few events as you’d like. The more events you attend, the greater your chances to win unique UC swag and giveaways.
Here's how you play...
The instructions below will tell you how to move from status to status (Red Status, Black Status, Bearcats Ready). By attending more and more event sessions, you’ll check requirements off your list that allow you to move up and be eligible for new prizes or drawings.
- Attend 3 event sessions to earn Red Status. Each event session must be from a different category (see below for category information).
- Earn Red Status.
- Attend 2 additional event sessions. These must be from two categories you haven’t explored yet. You will have now attended event sessions from all five categories.
- Check out our social media pages (Twitter, Facebook, & Instagram), find the Bearcats Challenge post, like it, tag at least one friend, screenshot it, and email it to us at email@example.com with the subject line “Bearcats Challenge Pic.”
- Earn Red and Black Status.
- Attend 5 additional event sessions (1 more from all 5 categories). At this point, it’s clear you’re a top competitor!
Event Session Categories
Get tips on writing your college essays, learn what UC looks for when reviewing applications, get updated on Cincinnati's admissions timeline, and hear from a panel of current Bearcats who reflect on their journey to UC.
Discover why the City of Cincinnati is the perfect place to experience both as a student and young professional, learn how current UC students have built community on campus, and gain tips on transitioning to college life.
Gain knowledge about setting up your Common App account, learn about FAFSA and how to apply for financial aid, and understand how the financial aid process works at UC.
Get started on mapping your major at UC, learn more about the experience-based learning opportunities available, and gather information on programs of study such as arts and humanities, engineering, computer technology, and health and medical.
Learn about how you can get involved on campus, the resources available to you, the communities you can become a part of, and take part in panels which share the unique stories that led students to UC.