Summer Bridge Program
Learn More. Worry Less.
University of Cincinnati is now offering a summer English as a Second Language Bridge Program completely online! This was designed for international students who need English training before enrolling for fall semester university classes.
Classes begin May 11, 2020.
- No application fee
- No transcripts needed
- Lowered entry requirements
What are the Benefits?
English as a Second Language classes are taught by experienced UC faculty and staff.
Earn up to 10 credit hours of university credit that count towards a UC degree.
Classes are offered online to allow for flexibility in the midst of COVID-19.
Only 1 of the following is needed to apply:
- Completion of ELS 107 (or above) at any ELS Center
- TOEFL: Minimum writing sub-score of 14 + minimum speaking sub-score of 14
- IELTS: Minimum writing score of 4.5 + minimum speaking score of 4.5
- Duolingo: 70
*If you have scores above the minimum, you may be eligible for additional credits. Please email us to discuss your enrollment options.
- ESL 1068 – Foundations of Academic Reading and Writing (3 credit hours)
- ESL 1071 – Basic Oral Communication (3 credit hours)
- ESL 1077 – Strategies for Academic Success (1 credit hour)
$5,010 to take 10 credit hours
$6,010 to take 12 - 18 credit hours*
*Students who meet the International Pathway Program minimum will be eligible to enroll in an additional 6-9 credit hours of major-based classes.
$7,390 to take 10 credit hours
$7,384 to take 12 – 18 credit hours