To recognize their proximity to campus, residents of Indiana or Kentucky may qualify for special tuition rates. Please review the information below to determine which rate you are eligible for and the necessary steps to receive this rate. For more information please visit the Office of the Registrar.
Reciprocity and Metro Rate
The Metropolitan (Metro) Rate provides eligible students with the opportunity to enroll at Cincinnati and pay the Ohio-resident tuition rate plus a $25 per credit hour surcharge (maximum of $300/semester; 12 - 18 credit hours per semester).
Eligible students must:
- Reside or attend high school in: Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Madison, Marion, Morgan, or Shelby county (Indiana)
- Reside or attend high school in the Commonwealth of Kentucky
- Enroll in a participating Cincinnati course or program (Industrial Design does not participate in the Metro Rate)
- submit the Indiana Undergraduate Metropolitan Rate Application or the Kentucky Undergraduate Metropolitan Rate Application and supporting documents two weeks before the start of the semester*
Reciprocity permits eligible students to enroll in courses or programs at the Ohio-resident tuition rate.
Indiana/Ohio Reciprocity Agreement
Residents of the following Indiana counties are eligible for the Indiana/Ohio Reciprocity Rate:
Eligible students must:
- Enroll in a Cincinnati course or program (the College of Nursing does not participate in the reciprocity agreement)
- Submit the Indiana Reciprocity Application and supporting documents*
Kentucky/Ohio Reciprocity Agreement
Residents of the following Kentucky counties may be eligible for the Kentucky/Ohio Reciprocity Rate:
*Applications for both rates may be accessed on the Office of the Registrar website and, along with supporting documents should be submitted at least two weeks prior to the start of the semester in which you are enrolling. The Office of the Registrar may require additional documentation prior to making a determination regarding your rate eligibility.
Important Note: Students approved for the Metro or Reciprocity rates who change programs from an eligible major to a non-participating major or who relocate to a residence outside of the approved counties are subject to tuition rates associated with their new program/residence.