Transfer Credit Information

Will Your Credits Transfer?

The Cincinnati Center for Credit Evaluation evaluates how your credits translate to credit at the University of Cincinnati. They only evaluate your overall transfer credit.  After you are admitted, the Cincinnati college which offers the program to which you are seeking admission will determine how accepted transfer credits are applied toward degree requirements.

For transfer credit to be granted, the institutions you have attended must be accredited by one of six regional accrediting agencies:  The Higher Learning Commission (formerly North Central Association of Colleges and Schools), Middle States, North Central, New England, Northwest, Southern, or Western Associations of Colleges and Schools. You can check your school's accreditation online at

Other considerations for your transfer credit:

  • General education requirements such as math, English, history and so on, will usually transfer to a direct equivalent.
  • You must have earned a D or better grade for credits to transfer, unless the course was part of a transfer module or a degree you have completed.
  • Your GPA from other institutions does not transfer to Cincinnati. Your Cincinnati GPA is based only on coursework completed at the University of Cincinnati.
  • Programs require at least 30 semester hours be earned at UC to meet UC's residency requirements. For specific information about all degree requirements for your degree, check individual program requirements
  • Students transferring from foreign universities must submit a course-by-course credit evaluation from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Complete details about international credit.

College Credit Earned In High School and Through CLEP

Students who have earned credit through Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, the Post-Secondary Enrollment Options Program, or a dual admission program, must send transcripts to UC. For more information, review this info.

Final Transcripts

All final high school and/or college transcripts and credit documents must be submitted to UC for evaluation after the completion of these courses.

Other Resources

Transferology (opens in new page) can help with all of your college transfer equivalency needs. Transferology allows students to get information about course equivalencies, programs, courses and degree audits among a number of participating institutions.