Designed to help students seamlessly transfer to UC with an associate degree from Cincinnati State
Cincinnati Pathways is a partnership between Cincinnati State Technical and Community College and the University of Cincinnati. The program is designed to assist students who complete an associate degree from Cincinnati State to seamlessly transition to the University of Cincinnati for completion of a bachelor’s degree.
Cincinnati State associate degree graduates with 2.50 or higher cumulative GPA will be granted admission into most programs at the University of Cincinnati in the following colleges:
- McMicken College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Education, Criminal Justice, and Human Services (except teacher education programs)
- College of Business
- College of Allied Health
Cincinnati State associate degree graduates with a 3.00 or higher cumulative GPA will be granted admission into most programs at the University of Cincinnati in the following colleges based on space availability:
- College-Conservatory of Music
- College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning (DAAP)
- College of Engineering and Applied Science
- College of Nursing
- Teacher Education programs
Note: Auditions, portfolios, or other supplementary admissions criteria are required for certain selective programs and will be considered in the admissions review.
Cincinnati State associate degree graduates with a 3.40 or higher cumulative GPA who are admitted through Cincinnati Pathways will receive a University of Cincinnati Transfer Scholarship.
Additional benefits of the Cincinnati Pathways program include:
- Reimbursement of the UC admissions application fee (for students who have completed an associate degree from Cincinnati State within the last two years with a cumulative grade point average of 3.40 or higher). Students should pay the fee with the application and request a final transcript be sent to the UC Office of Admissions. A reimbursement will be made when degree completion and minimum grade point average is received.
- Academic advising through both Cincinnati State and the University of Cincinnati while enrolled at Cincinnati State to ensure maximum transferability and applicability for courses taken at Cincinnati State
How to Apply
Students should apply online.
Cincinnati State students should apply to UC early in the term they are expected to complete their associate degree. UC's semester application deadlines are:
- For fall semester admission: July 1
- For spring semester admission: Nov. 1
- For summer semester admission: March 1
For More Information
Contact the University of Cincinnati Transfer and Lifelong Learning Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 513-556-2247 to learn more.