Information for High School Students
There are some things you need to do before you can do all the things you want to do. We’ve made it easy. Below are some important links, friendly tips and gentle reminders so that your application process is as smooth as possible.
1. Start now
2. Apply on time
When you apply to UC, it's important for you to be aware of any deadlines that may exist for your major. All the deadlines you need are right here.
3. Remember all of your supporting documents:
- The Common Application and Writing Components
- $50 application fee or application fee waiver submitted via the Common Application
- SAT or ACT scores submitted directly from the testing agency
- Official high school transcript
- At least one (1) letter of recommendation (OPTIONAL)
Find a detailed list (and everything else you’ll need to apply) on our admissions application checklist.
4. Confirm your admission
Once you have been admitted and have decided UC is the place for you, you must confirm your admission by filling out our online confirmation form and submitting the $100 confirmation fee.
5. Apply for housing
Forty-eight hours after confirming your admission, you are able to apply for housing online. The housing application will be made available in March and has a priority deadline of May 5.