Frequently Asked Questions for UC Uptown CCP

College Credit Plus (CCP) Program Information

The College Credit Plus Program (CCP) allows students, who are Ohio residents in grades 7-12, to apply to a participating institution to take nonsectarian, non-remedial courses for high school and/or college credit. Students must meet all University prerequisites and requirements prior to enrolling in a course.

For public school students, this program is at no cost to the student or family. Non-public and homeschool students must apply for funding each year to offset program costs. Please visit the State’s CCP website for more information on non-public and homeschool funding.

Before You Apply


  • Students earn transcripted college credits based off cumulative grades in class
  • Students have a chance to explore various fields of study.
  • Taking courses now may eliminate repeating coursework in college.
  • May lower the overall cost of college or shorten the time to complete your degree


    Course transfer depends on your major or where you want to go for college.
  • Grades will be on the student’s college record (official UC transcript), and will affect college GPA.
  • There may be financial repercussions if you do not complete the course successfully.
  • The student’s high school calendar may not align with the college calendar.
  • May negatively impact the student’s college career if unsuccessful in courses.
  • Faster paced courses: it’s important for students not only to review their classwork, but to prepare for future lessons by completing assigned readings and staying on top of homework.
  • More study time is required. Students should expect to spend 2-3 hours per week, per credit hour enrolled, outside of the classroom to prepare for class, read textbooks/materials, review notes and group work, write assignments, and study for tests or exams, etc.
  • Need for proactivity. Students, not parents or counselors, are responsible for communicating with their professors via office hours and/or by email if they have any questions or concerns regarding their progress in class.
  • The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) is the law that governs the release of and access to student educational records.
  • Transcripts and grades can only be requested by the student; there are no exceptions.
  • Students, not parents or counselors, must email UC staff and faculty directly from their UConnect student email accounts.
  • Students may grant permission for their parents/guardians to have access to their academic record through the link provided on the College Credit Plus Blackboard page under the “FERPA” link or by clicking here.

CCP students are not permitted to participate in study abroad programs as they are beyond the scope of this program.

Students enrolled in CCP or other similar dual-enrollment programs are not eligible for University on-campus housing.

Applying to CCP

  • Students must take the Accuplacer and the UC Math Placement Test (MPT) at their local high school. These tests must be proctored, and students are not permitted the use of a calculator. Please contact your local high school CCP coordinator and/or school counselor for UC’s test dates. We do not accept Accuplacer scores taken at other institutions.
  • School administrators who need instructions on how to administer the UC MPT may contact for further information and guidance.
  • As a reminder, students taking at least one course on the college campus or online are required to submit official ACT/SAT scores as part of their application.
  • UC Uptown CCP requires official copies of standardized test scores sent directly from the testing agency. We do not accept copies of scores on high school transcripts.
  • Students may request scores to be sent to the University of Cincinnati by visiting Collegeboard (for SAT scores) and/or ACT's website (for ACT scores).
  • Please visit our CCP Application Procedure Overview page information regarding application requirements for on or off campus participation.
  • UC Uptown CCP requires official copies of high school transcripts for all students.
  • We accept electronic transcripts only if sent by the student’s high school counselor. Electronic transcripts may be sent to
  • Official signed and sealed transcripts may be mailed to:
    College Credit Plus (C/O Sue Doh)
    University of Cincinnati
    PO Box 210202
    Cincinnati, OH 45221-0202
    Do not mail to Undergraduate Admissions.

For information regarding CCP funding eligibility and application for non-public and homeschool students, please visit the state's website.

Course Transferability and Transcripts

  • Complete a preliminary transfer check on Transferology. Students will have to manually add the course instead of using the drop-down function for accurate results.
  • Check the Ohio Transfer Module (OTM) and Transfer Assurance Guide (TAG), which provide information on general education courses that students can take for transfer across Ohio Public Institutions.
  • Speak with a representative from the institution you plan to attend. State that you are interested in applying and ask how the course in question will transfer over.
  • Prospective UC students with prior CCP coursework may contact Jamie Solomon, Sr. Academic Advisor, at or at (513)556-1922.
  • CCP credits generally apply in one of three ways at UC: toward your major requirement, toward your general education requirement, or toward your total number of semester hours (free elective credit).
  • The best way to check how a course will transfer is by contacting the college office that houses your degree of interest. Please note, some institutions will not answer these questions until the student is admitted to the college or university as a matriculated student.
  • If you plan to attend any University of Cincinnati campus upon high school graduation, we will already have record of any UC CCP courses that you take through UC Uptown, UC Blue Ash, or UC Clermont.
  • If you plan to attend another college or university other than UC after high school graduation, you must order an official transcript for each institution through your Catalyst Portal. Detailed instructions on how to do so are available on the UC Uptown CCP Blackboard Page or below.
  • Click here for instructions on how to order your official transcript through the Catalyst Portal.
  • For any logon assistance, including retrieving your 6+2 Central Logon Username and password, please contact UCIT Helpdesk at (513)556-4357.
  • Please note that once opened, transcripts will no longer be considered official.

Yes. All CCP students must apply to UC Undergraduate Admissions as a first-time freshman student. Participating in UC CCP does not guarantee automatic admission into any degree program at the University of Cincinnati